West Central Board Goals
Academic Achievement: The West Central School Board will strive to provide top quality, innovative, academic, and vocational programs for students of all abilities.
- 90% of all students will be proficient in reading, math, and science on the ISASP. (Iowa Statewide Assessment of Student Progress)
- 100% student participation in the Charter School.
- All students will show academic growth through standardized tests.
- Annual Review of graduation requirements and course offerings.
- Support inclusion of STEAM/Career & Technical Education (CTE) activities throughout the curriculum.
- Support professional development programs and resources.
- Preserve the instructional day.
School Culture & Climate: The West Central School Board will foster a culture and climate where every student can succeed.
- Support the social, emotional, and physical development of students at all grade levels.
- Promote school and community integration and opportunities.
- Encourage student participation in extracurricular activities.
- Provide a safe environment for staff and students.
Communication: The West Central School Board will promote proactive communications with all stakeholders.
- Publicize district successes and events.
- Host teachers and students at monthly board meetings to demonstrate innovative instructional practices.
- Foster communications between parents and teachers.
Financial Stability: The goal of the West Central School board is to assure that future expenditures do not exceed future revenues while expanding student opportunities.
- Maintain a steady tax-rate at or below the average of area schools.
- Maintain a minimum solvency ratio of 10-15% as recommended by the Iowa Association of School Boards.
- Increase spending authority each year.
Facilities: The West Central School Board is committed to maintaining and improving existing facilities.
- Develop a 5-year facility plan beginning with a facilities needs audit.
- Develop annual facilities and grounds priority improvement lists.